Yep, Johnny got his call Friday.
He's going to........Argentina Buenos Aires West!
Why does Johnny have to ruin the traditions of our family? Why can't he have an English speaking mission like the rest of us? Hahaha, it's cool, I'm excited for him, but not really, I hoped he'd come to Georgia, but it's still cool.
How was your week?
I was just comparing temperatures and you are still the warmest in the 50's.
Daniel is almost up there, and we're freezing in UT!I'm glad we didn't find a place in Centerville after all. They had winds last
Thursday up to 102 mph. A lot of trees, fences and you name it was blown
down or blown away. They were without power over 72 hours.
The big pine tree in Kaleen's back yard that was near their neighbor’s house
fell. Thank goodness it didn't fall on either house. Farmington had winds
almost as bad as Centerville. They cancelled church today (Sunday) so
everyone could prepare for the big winds they are supposed to get Sunday
night and Monday.
It's been in the 60's a lot, too. It's taking a little longer to get cooler here but I'm not complaining the weather is so nice, I'm still in short sleeves.
Wow, did everybody stock up on milk and eggs? If he [Daniel] calls [around] 6 or 7 your time then I definitely couldn't call. We're going over to the member’s home at 2:30, I don't know when we'll eat. I'll say 7 or 8 my time for now, I'll get back to you later on that.
The week was pretty good. The Christmas Devotional was pretty cool, especially the video they showed during President Eyring's talk. We also went to Zed's [a resent convert of Tyler’s] and we taught his brother and sister-in-law. Zed wanted specifically me to teach his brother and he thought it would be cool if I baptized him as well. They're an awesome family. It was a bittersweet moment when I saw Gabriel (the baby) and how much he's grown when I last saw him. Everything just seems so different. Super nice house, the two kids gotten bigger. Same family though, they haven't changed. That was pretty much the highlight of my day.
We had a baptismal interview with one of our investigators with one of the Mission Presidents Counselors. He got here when I was in the middle of writing back. He told us he just got called to be a Mission President! He's going to serve a Spanish Mission so the first thing that came to my mind was Argentina? But he doesn't know yet.
-Elder Garcia


No comments:
Post a Comment