So transfer meeting was pretty awesome, though I've been so depressed this week because I'm not in Coal Mountain anymore. But anyways, when President King was talking he talked about a couple things. One, he told us he had a vision that in 30 years those missionaries who were sitting in front of him were going to be leaders in the church. Then he talked about "The Vision of the South" and he said it's coming soon. He said that this transfer was by "divine revelation"...as my mission president, as a servant of the Lord, as an inspired man, I put great trust and faith in him. President King said that Baptist Preachers or maybe just Baptists will find fault in their own religions and seek for the truth and when they find truth in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day-Saints and become converted they will bring their congregations with them. President King and his son, that just came back from his mission, are working with 5 Baptist Preachers and he said that one is reading the Book of Mormon and tying the foot notes with the Bible and said that everything is fitting into place. Big things are about to unfold in the South, and we must be prepared to head them face on. I always knew that missionaries are the Lords army, and we literally are! These missionaries and I in the South are placed here right in the front lines in front of Satan's power. We have great work ahead of us. I hope and pray we are ready.
-Elder Garcia
(I'm in the Webb Bridge Ward. Our apartment is in Alpharetta, half the ward is in Fulton County and the other half is in Forsyth County, our stake and zone are in Roswell but we go to the Church in a different Stake. My comp is Elder Gubler, he's from Bountiful or North Salt Lake, I don't really know which one he's going to stick with.)
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment