June 20th ~Friday was our last day with President King, Sister King, and Connor. They leave next week. They live in Bountiful so if we move we'll be neighbors!
I don't really know what else to say, I'm still alive and well, trying to survive the heat or I should say humidity. Hope everyone is good back home.
I just remembered. You looked for a Town home and they're called Stone Creek or was it the ward? I can't remember but I kind of laughed at it. The apartments I'm in right now is called Stone Creek (on the Green) as well.
June 27th
I have their (the King's) home address but not on me. I think they're more in the middle or closer to the other side of Bountiful. I'll give you the address in a letter. I forgot what ward they were in too. They were supposed to go home today but it looks like they'll be here for another couple weeks. I don't know if you got President King's email for that.
I thought you had already left (for Oregon), I have no concept of time out here. I was going to send Sammy a letter (but I don't really know what to say) then I remembered she was going with you guys to Oregon. Speaking of cousins, did you ever get my email a long time ago that there were Estes' in the Webb Bridge ward? I asked him about his genealogy and he said he didn't really get that far into it, he said that most of his ancestors he found were from Florida, Main and Russia...maybe I already told you that, I can't remember.
Thanks, I hope it'll be good like in Coal Mountain where we played baseball against another ward but I really don't think that will happen. I hope you have a good 4th of July as well, I don't know if you'll still be in Oregon but still!
July 5th
I heard that President and Sister King were going to leave today...well on a Tuesday, nobody was sure if it was today or next Tuesday. We were just told do our President's letter to President Wolfert.
Yeah, I'll probably stay in this area for awhile. Transfers aren't till next week. It was a pretty good P-day too. (On Monday, July 4th).
For the 4th of July we went with two other elders and a family from their area to Stone Mountain. We just hiked up the mountain and took pictures. We also took pictures of the carving on the side of Stone Mountain. I'll attach a picture of the pride the South has for the Civil War. From Left to Right is: Jefferson Davis , Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson, Anyways we did that for a few hours and went to the members home and was there all day. It was pretty neat. Oh and the members and friends and neighbors, (some were members, some were not).
But one use to be in the Modesto 3rd ward and I talked to the wife for awhile. She asked me to ask you or maybe anyone who was in the Modesto 3rd ward before Ceres ward was created, so in the 80's if you know Mike and Pam? Boyles? She remembers Harpers and a Bishop something that starts with an S I think. She said that Pattersons and Berryhills sound familiar and she definitely remembers Stones. Anyways they live in the Lawrenceville ward. So moving on it was a pretty good day, I took a lot of videos of the what-would-be-illegal-fireworks-in-California, it was pretty cool. Anyways that was our fun day for the 4th of July. Hope it was good in California.
Elder Garcia
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment