Everything is alright. I'm just trying to make it by these next ten weeks...well at least 4 more weeks. Nothing happened this past week. Our top two investigators, it's the couple, the husband wasn't feeling well so we never saw them this week. We tried seeing less-actives this week but no one is home. We've tried to see people in the afternoon and in the evening but no one is home. Everybody's sick, everybody needs a ride to church, everyone is on probabtion, the members don't really help in anything, over half the ward are older members, this area is just pretty tough.
Elder Campbell is from West Jordan, UT. It's not really going ok, well, we get along but I'm going insane. I don't think I will survive if I stay with him another transfer. He's been out 13 months. He's by the rules probably like 95% of the time. I don't get how to teach these missionaries how to go by the spirit of the law instead of the letter of the law. A lot of missionaries who are by the rules ruin areas and people don't like them. I liken it unto the Pharisees and the Sadducces. You see, the Pharisees and the Sadducces were ALL about the rules and they totally over looked Jesus Christ. Everybody else went by the spirit and they recognized Jesus Christ when He came.
(Um, I don't think that should go in the blog.) (Sorry, Tyler, I like your analogy. Missionaries should ALWAYS go by the Spirit!)
So, I have thought about what to do in California. I really don't know. We should let the people of facebook decide. I bet a couple of people would "like" the status and I bet Tessie would comment haha.
Our investigator has some $$ left to pay off. Once he's done he can be baptized.
I guess that's it for now. We're saving miles for this last week because we have to go all the way up past Lilburn for a meeting, they won't let us write them off so it doesn't count against us. Well, I'm glad I'm leaving in 10 weeks, I feel sorry for some of the missionaries left who have to deal with some of the stuff that is happening in the mission.
-Elder Garcia
Friday, March 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment