Hey, my mormon.org profile is updated. You can check it out. [In Search, put Ceres]
How was your Easter Sunday? Did you have a nice dinner with someone?
I don't think I told....maybe I did.... They reorganized the missions here and made a Utah Salt Lake City Central Mission out of part of Temy's and the South Mission. They had to rearrange the offices at the stake center (our building) to make room for the new mission office. We used to have Sister Missionaries who I never saw. Now we have Elders who were there yesterday but I had to leave right after Sacrament so I didn't get to meet them yet.
I didn't feel like doing anything for Easter but Kaleen wanted to bring over dessert so all of us were here around 7:30 except Temy. The YSA were doing something.
It was alright. We had it over at the senior couples apartment and the other senior couple was there as well. The Watsons who were in the archives got transfered up to Washington D.C. so they left this morning.
No, you never told me. That's pretty cool though.
Yeah, all of us were here, except Temy. Kaleen said around 7:30 and showed up about 7:45 and complained that Am was late...they showed up about 7:55. ha ha They all left around 8:30 or so, of course it was past Scotty's bedtime.
Oh, here's a story for you. John called me Saturday about Johnny's first email from the MTC. I guess Amy posted it on FB too. Johnny's p-day is on Friday, they were playing volleyball, Johnny spiked the ball real hard over the net and hit the other Elder across from him in the face.... it was David Archuletta! Can you believe that?!
You heard of him before you went on your mission, right? He's from Murray.
Well, they were pretty early for Mormon Standard Time.
Yep, that's my boy. Haha jk. that's a good mission story. I heard of David Archuletta before. That's funny. What's Johnny's MTC address?
Oh yeah. My companion sang a solo for the Easter program during Sacrament and this is the song.
But I think it's a good one to put on the blog.
"They heard His voice; They saw His face, The promised Savior come to earth in days long past,
They saw Him heal the sick, and cause the lame to stand,
They watched as wind and waves were stilleat His command, And though I did not see Him calm the raging seas,
His hand has calmed my troubled heart, and I believe.
They heard His voice; They saw His face, They heard his teachings of forgiveness, love and faith,
He blessed their little ones, He taught them how to pray, He fed the multitudes who hungered by the way,
And though I did not taste the bread He bade them eat, His word is manna to my soul, and I believe.
They saw Him scourged, And mocked to scorn,
They heard the angry crowd, They saw Him crowned with thorns,
They watched Him bend beneath our burden in the streets,
They saw the bitter nails that pierced His hands and feet,
And though I was not there to watch with them at Calvary,
My spirit weeps, I have not seen, Yet I believe!
They heard His voice, They saw His face, The risen Jesus, crowned with vict'ry o'er the grave,
And though I did not see His triumph over death, Though I did not see Him draw immortal breath,
I know He lived and died and lives again for me, My faith is sure, I have not seen,
yet I believe."
Elder T. Garcia
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment