7:40 AM
Thanks for sending me my patriartical blessing, I read it that night I got it and I learned something new from it.
We have investigators but they usually cancel on us for some reason, sick, busy etc. We received a referral on Sep. 8 for this kid named Alex, he's a senior in high school, Laotian, and he is awesome, we finally met with him on Sat. 25th and he wants to know more, his family doesn't really have a religion, and his parents are supporting him as he investigates. He said he wanted to join something, like a family, and we told him the church is a world wide family and he thought that was awesome. He wants a belief in God and Jesus Christ. He came to church with us yesterday and he wants to come to General Conference with us. We told him about prophets and apostles and how we have them today, and we showed him the picture of President Monson and the apostles and he really liked that. We soft comitted him to baptism and he said yes. We only met with him once and he's progressing more than our other investigators (I'm not saying anything bad about our other investigators)
-Elder Garcia
P.S. Also there's an Elder (Steven) Packard in my district who's a Bolivia visa waiter. Our district leader had to go to a leadership training meeting so my companion and I went with Elder Packard. I come to find out that he's Reed Stones cousin! I basically call him cousin because my cousin (Arthur) married Elder Packard's cousin (Sharice?) hahaha
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment