8:00 AM
It might take awhile to send letters. I've been stressed this last transfer. So I'm pretty tired or have gotten "lazy" to write people back. I almost feel no desire to do anything or have no energy. But I'm working on it. I'm still doing missionary work, don't get me wrong. We also have a baptism on the 18th which is exciting. This Saturday almost the whole ward[the ward is about 400] so about 300 people which include nonmember friends are going to Camp Twin Lakes in Rutledge, GA. We're doing this huge Service Project instead of having a ward Christmas party. It's not in our Zone but we got permission to go, it's an hour and a half drive. Camp Twin Lakes host things for all sorts of disabilities for kids. I don't know how you would say it but yeah. It's an all day thing too.
So, I'm not getting transfered and neither is my companion. We also had a specialized training on Friday and now our mission gets to go on Mormon.org and create our own profile, which is pretty cool, it might take awhile to be on there though. And we've basically been told to stop tracting, that was cool. Especially here it's doing more harm than good. We've also been asked to ask all our members to make a profile on Mormon.org. Statistics show that 86% of people in the US have negative views on the Church because other people have been telling our story so we've been asked to ask members to make a profile so we can tell our story. On the old Mormon.org the church was getting 100 chats a month but with the new one that came out in June the church is now getting like 10,000 chats a month. Some people in Calgary, Canada have flown into Utah to be baptized by the missionary who chatted with them. And also in New York, some people have flown in to Utah to be baptized by the missionary who chatted with them. It's time we tell our story.
-Elder Garcia
Monday, December 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment