The Spirit:
Mine's almost like Temy's, about feeling the spirit. There's a page in Preach My Gospel that talks about the different ways people feel the spirit, I can't remember the page but it's under "Recognizing the Spirit" or something like that. As I looked through it the scripture that would probably best describe how I feel the spirit is found in D&C 8:2,3 (I think 2-3).
I've gone so many times when this thought was just stuck in my head and couldn't get it out and when I don't do it then I regret it because I didn't want to listen. But when I do listen it's amazing how well things fall into place. I've told a story about (looking in) the area book and (finding) two former investigators. (I think I'm going to title my blog stories) And about healing. The story I gave last week about "The Tender Mercies of the Lord". Before Christmas I felt impressed, at the last minute, to write home for everyone at Christmas Eve. I don't know if it's done anything, but I'm learning to better listen to the spirit. Yesterday I listened to "Celestial Marriage" by Elder Russell M. Nelson (2008) I think. This past week this talk has been bothering me so I finally gave in and listened to it yesterday. I don't know if I'll use it but one thing I learned at a zone conference was that Heavenly Father gives us these small impressions at the beginning, and if we listen He'll trust us and give us more and we'll be able to know more fully when the spirit is speaking to us. I'm working on this because I know how important it is to have the spirit in the mission field. There's a scripture, D&C 42:14 "And ye shall receive the Spirit by the prayer of faith, and if ye receive not the Spirit, ye shall not teach." I think this can apply to finding (investigators), and those impressions that Heavenly Father gives us.
-Elder Garcia
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment