Monday, January 30, 2012

Emails Jan. 30th

How are you doing? How did your week go? What's the news about transfers?

I'm doing alright. This week I hit 20 months. I guess I'm partly sad due to the fact that I'm almost done with my mission.

Last Sunday we went to Zed's house. I got in trouble but not really. Our zone leaders called me because the Stockbridge elders told on me. When we were at Zed's, Zed said that he wanted to do a FHE with us and I guess he told the Stockbridge elders that too so they must have told our Zone Leaders that I was just over there. Anyways the ZL's called me because I didn't ask for permission to go over there and that I need to, that's why they called me. I don't think I'll ask for permission anyways because I'm always denied so there's no point in asking.

Also, our investigator came to church with us again, he also brought his son with him. Yesterday was stake conference, it was broadcasted from Salt Lake. It was pretty good, at least the parts I paid attention too.

So transfers came. Looks like I'm staying. I guess I won't kill off my companion. He's getting transferred to Athens. My new companion is Elder Christiansen. I'll kill him off because it's his last transfer too. I guess that's another part why I'm a bit sad. I thought I would kill off Elder Rima. I don't really like when I get a new companion but oh well, I'll get over it. Elder Rima was a good companion we did get along, it was fun.

Yeah, we don't get fed as much down here. Last week we had a dinner ever night but other than that it's probably like once or twice a week.

I know. It's amazing at how time flys!! Haha

I want to be there for your testimony meeting, but I guess if you want to go back in July I'll save my money for that. Are you sure you want to go in July? Are you choosing the most humid month or is every month just like that?

Do you know your new comp? Will he be ok since it's it's his last transfer? Wow, we have 3 or 4 families of Christiansen's in our ward....but no sons in GA. My visiting teacher is one.

You want to come down to Georgia for my last Sunday? I thought it would have been easier to come back here so I wouldn't be a missionary anymore and to follow the rules. I can probably get buddy passes. A recent convert of mine works for Delta. I don't know if July is the most humid month, I thought it might be August. But when it gets hot it stays hot no matter when it starts. The weather is pretty weird down here. It'll be hot in June too. Last year I think summer hit in April.

Stockbridge is in our zone. It's just the next district over. I've been through Atlanta a couple times but not on purpose.

I don't really know him. Elder Rima does because they came out together. He says he's pretty cool so I'm not too worried. Elder Christiansen is from Utah(shocking) but I think he's from somewhere north of Salt Lake.

No, I meant your farewell missionary testimony meeting you have the night before you leave, so it would be on Wednesday night. I'll have to ask all the Christiansen's if they have a relative missionary coming home from GA in 6 weeks. ha ha


Oh, yeah we have that down here at the Mission Office. I don't know if President and Sister Wolfert do anything special. Did I tell you that we're able to go to the temple again? Well the departing missionaries at least. Transfer day they take the departing missionaries to the temple. It's funny that they'll take us to the temple. I live right down the road from the airport, I can practically take myself to the airport but we have to go back to Lilburn.

Oh yeah...is Daniel getting transfered?

No. His comp is going north, maybe to Santa Fe, he didn't really say where. But he said some Spanish Elder is going there to train. He has several families he's teaching and one appointment tomorrow morning he doesn't want to cancel. I guess the missionaries left today a day early, so he's without a comp and supposed to join up with some elders from another district and he doesn't want to because he's doesn't want to cancel that appointment. I'll send all that to you so you see what all he said.

Did you get my last letter? You should have gotten it Friday or Saturday maybe.

oh ok

Yes, I did get your last letter. I can't mail people yet cause I have to use my last stamp. I have to send the milage report for the car to the mission office.

It sounds like C1 is still shrinking. I think people are moving in, but the families aren't are big as the ones that moved out. Hopefully the Senior couple that are working with the inactives will have better success. I hear they are doing wonderful things and are getting some less-actives back to church.

The ward sounds pretty small. Smaller than the Flint River ward. It's kind of sad.

Yeah, I think it's even smaller since you left.

Sister Lambert and Sister Hassard sent me letters and I can't remember who said it but one of them said that I was still the "star" of the ward. So I guess when I left people were like "oh, Elder Garcia's gone, there's no point in staying here." hahaha jk.

I heard they won't combine wards that are practically branches because there's a lot of less actives. That's why the Flint River Ward is still a Ward because there's a ton of less actives.

I don't really want to give my homecoming talk in Utah but I also don't want to go back to California.

Which reminds me. I do need more stamps, I'm good on envelopes. That's good that the work is progressing in Ceres.

I still have to write back some 1st ward people.

-Elder Tyler Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment