(On news about Russ Smith)
That's good he's doing well.
Not much has happened this week. We contacted a referral yesterday. I don't get people sometimes. There's a member in Fayetteville (I think) gave us a referral for these people who want help. So this member is telling their friends that the church helps people, gives them money and food. The member told us not to teach them but to only help them. We told our bishop what happened and I think he said he'll talk to that bishop [about] what happened, I'm not sure. So we go over to this referral's house and we explained to them how we can't help them and how we're only here to teach. We told them that our bishop can help with the food part but they have to come to church. Everybody needs help down here, it's frustrating because all everybody wants is money and food, especially money and we can't give them money. Then they get all upset and leave, they probably get turned off by the church because we can't help them. They say that no other church can help them either.
Did you get the Jerry "Garcia" ties from the Mottisons? She said that Kent wanted her to get the "Garcia" ties for you guys, and not any other kind. It was a special gift for you and Daniel....those "Garcia" ties.
Yeah I got it. There's a member in Snellville who loves Garcia ties, that's all he wears. I never even heard of Garcia ties until the first time I went over to their house for dinner.
It's a nicer tie than some of the ones I've seen from the member. haha
I'm pretty sure I sent them [Mottison's] a letter back.
I'm not saying that the ties the member showed me were ugly, they were just crazy looking, wild.
Today (Sunday) was the football playoffs. Ravens lost to the Patriots 20-23, so the Patriots will be going on to the Super Bowl. NY Giants at SF against the 49ers....I'm feeling sick! 9ers lost 20 to 17 in overtime. So close....so much tention, blah. So it'll be the Patriots against the Giants on Feb. 5th.
That's good that the Ravens got that close. Maybe next year the 49ers will get there hopefully. I'm glad they got this close. Next year they need to get to the super bowl. SF Giants won the world series last year, it would be cool for the 9ers to get to the super bowl so San Francisco can be on top of things.
I think maybe the Patriots want a rematch for what happened a few years ago when they both played each other in the Super Bowl haha.
How do we find you on Mormon.org?
In the search bar you can put in "Ceres" and I'll be the only one up :'(
I have a pretty popular name so it'll be harder that way [to search by name]. Mormon.org tells us not to put up our last name on our profile, security reasons.
-Elder Garcia
Monday, January 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment